[rollei_list] Re: F&H some years before the TLR

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:37:48 -0300

I agree with you sometimes the management names only appear, but the
Heidoscop general design was based on the Voigtländer Stereflekstocop
from 1914 (see the photograph) and Heidecke worked at R&D for
Voigtländer, not the Simmon brothers. The Heidoscop was not
"invented", it was not a new camera type like the Omega 120 or the
_compact_ Rolleiflex TLR (TLR cameras exist from the XIXth century),
if the Simmon brothers had some contribution to the Heidoscop it could
only be very minor really.

Carlos