[rollei_list] Re: Extension knob for Automat MX

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 19:21:45 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Derickson" <alland435@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rollei List" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2010 6:18 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Extension knob for Automat MX

I bought a mint condition extension focusing knob for my Automat MX off Ebay for less than $20. Now I won't forget what film I have loaded, lol.

A question though: Firmly pushed on as far as it goes it still stands out almost 5mm from the side of the camera. Is this the way it's supposed to
be?

BTW, it's the second one I won. The first one turned out to be for a Rolleicord but the seller advertised it for an Automat. When I installed that one the distances went round backwards! (the Rolleicord's focusing knob is on the opposite side). The seller graciously took it back and refunded
everything including shipping.

I have two and both are like that. I think the gap is to clear the case.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA