[rollei_list] Re: "E" ID

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 08:17:07 -0300

Elias,
          I thought it would look worse. It has the "220" lateral
panel, meaning it has the "ear" below the frames counter window to
install the 12/24 changer and the strap holders don't have the half
moon, it puts your camera manufacture year in 1966 clearly, the Report
II and the Rollei Factory Repair manual dates are very close for this
case and considering your camera SN.

It's interesting to note your F does not show a lightmeter, the plate
to cover the selenium cells place looks original, it could be taken
from other camera if the lightmeter was retired out of factory (I
don't know if an E3 camera cover for the lack of selenium cells could
fit in the F, it seems yes), but your camera could also be one of the
F without lightmeter from factory.
Prochnow did not include the 3.5F and 2.8F without lightmeter from
factory in his models descriptions, however these cameras exist and I
have seen some samples that looked original from factory.
The Rollei Factory Repair manual clarifies this issue , 3.5F and 2.8F
without lightmeter from factory were produced from 1966, Rollei
catalog numbers 14000.99.1 04 and 05 (3.5F) and 17000.99.1 04 and 05
(2.8F), it makes sense because in 1965 the 3.5E3 and 2.8E3 without
lightmeter from factory were manufactured for the last time and there
were pro photographers preferring cameras without lightmeter; BTW E
and F cameras without lightmeter were prepared to receive  lightmeter
sets sold separately.

Carlos

.