[rollei_list] Re: Digital BACK for SL66E

  • From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:26:00 +0100

I do not know of a digital back adapter for an SL66. However, mechanical
adaption aside (which is just precision mechanical engineering at a
cost), any digital back which works on a mechanical camera, ie
Hasselblad 500, could be made to work on the SL66 because they use the
flash sync contact to make the exposure. The focal plane shutter on a
SL66 would restrict the fastest shutter speed to 1/30 though, unless you
had an 80mm or 150mm with Compur shutter. The cheapest route to MF
digital would probably be to buy a secondhand Hassy and then find a
digital back. A new digital back adapter for a Rollei 6000 camera is far
more expensive than a good condition S/H Hasselblad complete with 80mm
lens and you still have to buy the digital back. :-(

If you find a cheap route to MF digital, please let me know. ;-)

John