[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:47:21 -0400

At 08:13 AM 3/25/2010, Laurence Cuffe wrote:
>I don't believe the LUG is the best source for information on going
>into digital economically.

I agree, Larry, but I am not speaking of going digital economically. I recognize that you can get junk for little money. Buy cheap, get cheap.

I am discussing MATCHING the quality of what I already have. What is the going price of a Leica M8 now? What is the cost of a digital back for a 'Blad? Far beyond my price point -- but I have an M6 and three Hasselblad bodies and all kinds of lenses for both, not to mention my Rolleiflex holdings.

To MATCH costs big bucks. $1,000 for a month's supply of ink and so forth. I just cannot afford that.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!