[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:35:34 -0400

At 04:53 AM 3/25/2010, Frank Dernie wrote:

>Now in terms of your proposed cost breakdown you are showing your lack
>of experience/knowledge ;-)

Perhaps so. Bob Shell essentially agreed with this when he was still on the List. Discussions on the Leica Users Group and the IDCC seem to match these figures. I deliberately made moderate selections for the price ranges.

Folks are spending $1000 for ink for their digital printer. I do not recall ever spending more than $25 for a box of a hundred sheets of paper. Check with Mark Rabiner as he has often expressed some dismay at the cost of specialty inks and papers necessary for quality digital work equivalent to the level routinely reached in film.

You are comfortable with digital and are willing to pay the exorbitant price. Good for you! Enjoy the ride! Even if I wanted to, I could not afford to switch to digital.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!