[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:08:54 -0300

Elias:
         This is part of a larger _1929_ Rolleiflex propaganda:
".. Traditions come, traditions go!... Firstly: " The negative
material of the DEDICATED AMATEUR is the plate!". This is still the
opinion of renowed photographers who do not know the Rolleiflex- It is
a characteristic of photographic lenses that they have to be focused.
And there is no focusing as accurate as directly on the ground-glass
screen. All the indisputable advantages of roll film, all
improvements, were rejected with the remark: ground glass! Now here
comes a roll-film camera with just such a ground glass, solving the
problem of roll film; For now, roll film is for serious work, too!" .
The dedicated amateur photographer was the initial _commercial_ target
for the Rolleiflex, however, as I wrote, it was a camera for
professionals from the beginning, and Rollei always worked technically
thinking in the professional market and their top of the line cameras
had the highest professional standards, but they also produced TLR
cameras thinking in the sales keeping a very good quality: Rolleicord,
Neu Standard, Rolleiflex T, Rolleimagic.

Carlos