[rollei_list] Re: Decline of Rollieflex/Film

  • From: "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:57:44 -0700

Depending on the size of print you want, you can get a very high quality
printer like an Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Ink Jet Printer for about $700.
Inks are about $15 per cartridge. This model uses 8 different color inks.
You can print up to a 13x19 inch print. If you need larger then the price
goes up, but sending them out to a service is inexpensive. You can get 4x6
for 19 cents each (MPIX, a division of Miller Labs) or a 20x24 for $19.99.
Not bad.

One thing, paper and chemicals cost money too. So if you subtract that cost
digital is not too bad. And no chemical poisons to worry about.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> At 04:43 PM 3/25/2010, Jeff Kelley wrote:
>

> >I love film and have many more film cameras than digital, but to think one
> >can't get professional QUALITY digital output, comparable to film, without
> >spending a fortune is simply no longer true!
>
> Perhaps. You have raised some interesting workarounds.  I was not thinking
> of sending the printing out of the house.  I do all film myself.  I had not
> thought of sending out the printing.  Yes, that would keep the price down.
>

> Marc
>

> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

> - Subscribe at rollei_list-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the