[rollei_list] DHW-Rollei-Insolvency Auction

  • From: <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:09:18 +0000

Unfortunately,
I have very bad news.

The Insolvency Sale starts on Tuesday.

http://www.proventura.de//insolvenzversteigerung-des-kameraherstellers-dhw-fototechnik-gmbh-ehem.-franke--heidecke-gmbh-salzdahlumer-str.-196-38126-braunschweig-finale-liste-online/auction/2669/bildkatalog/seite/19/#bildkatalog

I had a visit today at the factory. EVERYTHING is sold by Tuesday in an
auction. There were a lot of visitors from all over Europe, from Cyprus to
Lithuania, a lot of Rollei enthusiasts.
The auction on Tuesday will blow up the tears. But there is no alternative.
I met at the factory the former R&D Head of Rollei Fototechnic, and we had a
joint tour.
We saw the drilling and grinding workshop, the optical assembly lines and final
testing lines. All looked as they were left yesterday. A lot of partly
assembled HY6 and TLR could be seen on the assembly lines.
We went to the LARGE cellar of Rollei, like catacombs. There are plenty of
rooms which have never visited for the last 30 years! They are full of single
lenses, lense blankets, parts for TLR, test equipment and so on.
The collection of the last - at least - 30 years which nobody used anymore.
We visited the shelter, under in the cellar, which was built during WWII. It
is also full of old stuff. All is going out by tomorrow, and for a lot of
valuable items nobody will take care about. They all will be go to trash.
Personally, I will try to bid for an autocollimator. They still have plenty of
them. They have been built in the 1960s in batches of hundreds by Rollei
directly. They are going out for 50 Euros.

IT IS VERY SAD!

I hoped, there would be somebody found who would take all items in a batch to
continue, but this did not happen.

I take numerous of photos which I will display later on.

Best regards, and God bless some people from former DHW which still want to
continue.

Regards

Dirk

Dirk-Roger Schmitt