[rollei_list] Re: DC-3 on Ilford

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 15:24:53 -0400

At 12:14 PM 8/8/06 -0700, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:
>Didn't he use one for the last 6 months of the war?

Do you mean the six months prior to V-E Day or the six months prior to V-J
Day, Slobodan?

In any event, the only aerial jaunt I can recall Churchill making during
this period would be the flight to Potsdam in JUL 1945.  Chruchill's epic
travels were earlier in the War, UK to US and UK to North Africa and UK to
France and the like.  And these were all made, I recall, in British
bombers, with a very few exceptions.  I'd have to check Sir John Colville's
THE FRINGES OF POWR to be certain, of course.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!