[rollei_list] Re: Cropping

  • From: Elias Roustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:34:09 -0500

I am so tired of square pictures that I almost decided to take the Pentax 67. But in my (always obsessive) testing I just could not get the image quality of the Pentax lenses to match the Rollei and I figure I can crop from the Rollei negs and probably be better off than using the Pentax. So it will be the first real work with the 2.8FX and Neopan 400. I am going to try to think in camera of cropping. Probably won't work.
Dennis

Ever think of dropping a mask down into the VF and then letting what's revealed to you (outside the crop) in the negative be a surprise that you can compose with? I've been think about doing this, but never have. I don't mind cropping in the darkroom, but I will admit it's very hard.

E.