[rollei_list] Re: Copyright Law

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:03:10 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Williams" <dwilli10@xxxxxxx>
To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 3:08 PM
Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Copyright Law

At 04:28 PM 12/2/2009, Eric wrote:
Hi Don -

What leads you to believe that the heirs of the deceased artist are
always the recipients of their royalties?

Eric Goldstein
> She got his grand piano overhauled and gave it to some > motion picture retirement home, where the built a special alcove for it. Richard K.
knows the name of the home, I have forgotten.

The Motion Picture Country House and Hospital. It is under threat of closing now. Some news stories point to corruption in its management. A lot of people I would like to have talked to lived there but I didn't know or think about it until too late. There is a brief article about it on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_&_Television_Country_House_and_Hospital

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA