[rollei_list] Re: Contrast and Resolution

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 20:38:36 -0500

There used to be illustrations of this on the web but I am not finding
them now. Essentially, a lens can either be designed to draw the
energy of the point as distributed as a concentrated central point
with a light, airy disc of lesser energy surrounding it, or a light
airy central disc with a more concentrated ring of energy surrounding
it on the periphery. One yields higher resolution, the other higher
edge contrast/accutance...

But the notion is that it is the distribution of energy around how the
lens draws a point of light which accounts for the difference...

Eric Goldstein

--

On 11/8/07, Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: (snipped)