[rollei_list] Re: Completely OT- Loudspeaker info a pop up question

  • From: Eric Goldstein <egoldste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:52:18 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Jerry -

Remember that the Levinson System was not just a speaker array, it also
included seven mono amps and active cross-overs. The drivers were 4 Quads on a
custon mount with ribbon tweeters and typically a Hartley or Janus subwoofer.

Bob Ludwig, disc masterer extrordinaire, used both Decca and Peerless ribbons
on his system, which is how I know it having spent some time watching his ply
his craft. Time was adjusted in fine steps by driver location.

Eric Goldstein