[rollei_list] Re: Capa's Cameras

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 07:47:24 -0700 (PDT)

That story did not come from Duncan only, it's a well known and established
fact in the photographic literature. It's true that some of the Life
photographers accepted afterward that they were comparing new lenses with their
old German lenses when they visited the Nippon Kogaku factory as I wrote
yesterday, but the surprise about the Nikkor lenses performance was real and
authentic at the time.
Jacob Deschin, a well known technical photographic issues and cameras
descriptions and use books, certified the Nikon cameras and Nikkor lenses
excellent quality in an article he wrote for the New York Times on December 10,
1950, "Japanese camera", I have already copied this article in part in a
You can read the Jacob Deschin obituary in the following New York Times 1983
article:
http://www.nytimes.com/1983/06/21/obituaries/jacob-deschin-camera-editor.html

Carlos