[rollei_list] Re: Bikes

  • From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:06:49 -0700

FRANK,

I believe that B und O used the Be thin film to increase
the cone stiffness without increasing the mass.

Beryllium is used for orbital structures for it's stiffness.

I used a scrap piece of tubing to make the tone arm.

Be is a very dangerous material with which to work.  The
swarf can lead to berylosis, which is incurable.

Jerry