[rollei_list] Baby Rollei shutter problem

  • From: "James & Christiane Thompson" <jcthompson@xxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:31:36 +0200

Richard,

The repair person said that the "slow speed timing escapement" (I hope that is
right) is completely worn out.  In other words, the actual clockwork mechanism.
 He said that he tried cleaning it several times (even using ultrasonic), and
still could not make it work.  The only two options are to either 1. find
another Compur and use its parts to repair the original shutter or 2. outright
replacement of the shutter, whether it be another Compur or Compur-rapid, etc.
If option two, am I right that the shutter size is #00?  Are there various #00
sizes, for instance, for 35mm folder, medium format, etc.?  Certainly, I would
like to keep it original, but I have an even greater desire to make it
functional, so I can go "make" pictures with it.

Sincerely,
Jim