[rollei_list] Re: Article

  • From: "Eric Goldstein" <egoldste@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:45:38 -0400

I have never owned this lens but shot one some (the FD version). My
experience and everything I'd heard and read about the lens is in
concert with what Frank describes...

Eric Goldstein

On 6/2/06, Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have this lens. Very sharp in the centre but soft at edges. It is
brilliant for low light reportage but not good for landscapes. I find
my Leica WA lenses considerably better than my Canons but the Canon
teles better than the Leica ones I own. I find the IS lenses less
good than the old non IS teles, probably because of the excessive
element count with the attendant potential for manufacturing
variation. Obviously used hand held the results will probably be
better with IS, but handheld with a long lens the quality of the
result is unlikely to be limited by the lens!
Frank