[rollei_list] Re: Ardeshir's Pictures

  • From: Ardeshir Mehta <ardeshir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 11:29:06 -0500

On Sunday, March 6, 2005, at 02:41  AM, DChananie@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Ardeshir wrote:
>
>> hanging the picture with the help of two clips from a stretch of very
>> thin leather or a black silk cord stretched horizontally deep inside
>> the frame, so that the sheet of paper with the picture imbedded in it
>> will just hang loose from the cord, rather than be pressed flat
>> against something as in a conventional frame.
>
> Why won't it rip eventually from the weight hanging down? I can't
> picture it. :)

Eventually, maybe - after some years or decades. But remember that this
an open box or frame. I shall use the frame for many pictures, in
sequence! Say, one photo will go up in January, and then a few months
down the road, when I am tired of that photo, another picture will go
up. (I will, off and on, have newer pictures to show, won't I.)

Cheers.