[rollei_list] Re: Any Hassy to Rollei 6000 series converts?

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:00:20 -0500

On Feb 15, 2006, at 4:15 PM, Jim Brick wrote:

I have a 205FCC and a 203FE. Neither camera will jam and both cameras, sans battery, operate as a fully functional 503CW. These cameras are a pinnacle of Hasselblad camera development. What most people would think is a jam, where the camera will not operate, is simply cleared by exercising the double exposure function - push the button inside the winding crank and wind the crank (exactly like the Rollei SL66) - and everything self corrects.

It is too bad that they didn't make these cameras the mainstream cameras and charge a reasonable amount for them, rather than an exorbitant amount, and I believe Hasselblad (Sweden) would still be in business.

I agree, Jim. The 200 series cameras were unlikely to jam. But their stratospheric pricing kept them out of reach of many photographers.

Bob