[rollei_list] Re: Any Hassy to Rollei 6000 series converts?

  • From: Bob Shell <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:15:02 -0500

On Feb 12, 2006, at 9:59 PM, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

Doug

One would have to be PF stupid or retarded to forget the
H'blad "protocol" for changing lenses/ extension tubes.

Jerry

Well, then a LOT of Hasselblad owners are PF stupid.

When I was doing repairs I used to unjam Hasselblads on a regular basis, mostly for local pros. One woman jammed hers so often that I first showed her how to unjam it herself with a long screwdriver, and when that didn't cure her I talked her into switching her studio over to Bronica. She was happy as a lark with the Bronica stuff because it never jammed.

Hasselblad is the only camera in common use that serious users must know how to unjam. When I wrote the Pro Guide:Hasselblad System for the folks in Goteborg some years back we felt that we had to include instructions on unjamming the camera.

To give the devil his due, on the SL66 you have to remember to cock the camera before changing film magazines or you run into trouble.

Bob