[rollei_list] Re: About the 2.8 GX/FX kinship

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 20:45:20 +0000 (GMT)

Marc, if you compare the T with the GX/FX it's evident
they are very different cameras, the T has  plastic
bands and levers for EVS, shutter speeds and F stops
control, the shutter release has a different position
regarding the F or GX/FX, the shutter is CR 0 for the
F GX/FX and CR 00 for the T, the focusing mechanism
-as you wrote- are different for both cameras models
too since the T uses a 3.5 lens and the F and GX/FX a
2.8 lens. It's true that the GX/FX don't have the
lower film chamber film sensor but this is an
independent mechanism that can be eliminated for
economical or technical reasons, however the lower
film chamber spring is identical or almost identical
for the spring used for the last F and for the Aurum
and Platin. However, more important, the GX/FX
maintain the F coupled crossed mechanism for the
lightmeter adapted for the electronic lightmeter
thanks to electric contacts, the GX/FX heart is a 2.8F
marc, they have nothing to do with "T".
Regarding Prochnow, he has no problem to comment
several Rollei errors in his books.-

All the best
Carlos
 --- Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> At 06:13 PM 6/13/06 +0000, Carlos Manuel Freaza
> wrote:
>
> >Most
> >Rollei users, Rollei enthusiasts and Rollei
> collectors
> >say the 2.8 GX/FX are a modified Rolleiflex T
> and/or
> >Rolleicord, however the truth is that this TLR has
> >strong kinship with the 2.8F as you can read in
> Claus
> >Prochnow's Rollei Report IV; for example, in the
> first
> >2.8GX camera file: " New model, mechanical
> structure
> >derived from the Rolleiflex 2.8F".
>

> Carlos
>
> Bear in mind that Prochnow was and is a flack for
> Rollei, and his words
> must sometimes be taken with a VERY large dose of
> salt.
>
> I would suggest that you place a GX next to a T and
> then talk to repair
> folks who have worked on both.  There is MUCH more
> of the T in the GX than
> there is of the F.  The film transport alone is
> straight T.  The lens
> controls, of course, are derived from the F.  (I own
> both a 12/24 2.8F and
> a 2.8GX and have used them extensively.  Both are
> dreams to use, but there
> are more than a few differences between them.
>
> Marc
>
> msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!

> with 'subscribe'