[rollei_list] AW: VSL3 E came back repaired fom Brunswick

  • From: <Dirk-Roger.Schmitt@xxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 06:50:12 +0000

Carlos:

congratulations!

Regards from Braunschweig

Dirk

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Im Auftrag von CarlosMFreaza
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. April 2012 18:10
An: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [rollei_list] VSL3 E came back repaired fom Brunswick

I retired my Rollei Voigtländer VSL3 -E from the customs in the post office, it
arrived from Braunschweig last Friday to my city after two months and about
24,000km to go and to return from Germany. It came with a new Varta PX28 silver
oxyde battery, it's working fine and smooth for every function, it's almost a
miracle to me since it couldn't be repaired here due to lack of spare parts,
now it was in the former Voigtländer factory where FSS have their offices. It's
interesting to note this model has 1/2000th second as fastest shutter speed
despite it is not marked in the shutter speeds dial, it advances beyond 1/1000
and this is 1/2000, it appears like "plus" in the viewfinder after 1/1000 and
works like any other shutter speed for the lightmeter; the identical "Vitoflex"
production prototype (Rollei couldn't use this name for the camera due to the
similarity with the Leica trademark "Visoflex") had the number 1/2000 in the
dial (at least several units), but it was eliminated from the dial for the
regular cameras due to " production reasons" (Prochnow), however it was not
clear to me if the camera kept the 1/2000 shutter speed anyway and I now see it
kept it, confirming the SL 2000 used 100% of the VSL3 E/Rollei 35 SL E shutter
electronics. Thisis som detail for the
camerarepair:
Camera disassemble, new electronic shutter, general electronics repair and
replacement with new parts, new focusing screen, automatic exposure repair and
adjustment, general CLA:
Labor cost 152 Eur, spare parts 74,80 Eur, shipping, 42,20 Eur, 19% VAT. 51,15
Eur, Total, 320, 35 Eur. The work has a warranty for 12 months.

subject field OR by logging into www.freelists.org