[rollei_list] Re: AW: Re: Color Ultron AR 1.4/55 Made in Germany?

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:51:43 -0300

CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> 4) I found right now  Claus Prochnow was right when he wrote me that
> Rolleinar lenses were made first in Japan and later in Singapore,
> please look at these two images in the Jan Boetcher Rollei Museum,
> it's the first time I see Rolleinar lenses engraved " Lens made in
> Singapore" ("made in Japan" and "made in Singapore" lens barrels looks
> identical), I had only seen Rolleinar 1.4/55 engraved "Lens made in
> West Germany" in eBay :
>
> http://www.janboettcher.de/images/RNAR28135.JPG
>
> http://www.janboettcher.de/images/R2835MIS.JPG

5) I found a Color Ultron AR 1.4/55 "Lens made in West Germany" in an
ended auction at eBay Germany, this lens is _identical_ regarding my
similar lens engraved "Lens Made in Japan" and then it's evident that
the same lens barrel manufacturer (perhaps Mamiya Sekor factory,
perhaps other lens barrel manufacturer), provided the lenses barrels
for the Rolleinar/Mamiya and Voigtländer Color Ultron 1.4/55 lens
versions made in Japan and made in Germany and we can add the
Rolleinar/Mamiya lenses made in Singapore since the Rolleinar Mamiya
2.8./135 and 28mm made in Japan and made in Singapore shown in the
photographs above also have identical lenses barrels. This is the
Color Ultron AR/Mamiya 1.4/55mm  made in West germany (it's necessary
to scroll the page to the center):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130676149364

6) The paragraphs 4 and 5 are about  Rolleinar/Mamiya and
Voigtländer-Rollei/Mamiya lenses made up to the Rollei banruptcy in
1981, there were no HFT Rolleinar Mamiya lenses up to 1981, all them
are MC, even those lenses made in Germany and  Singapore.  The HFT
Rolleinar lenses, including the Mamiyas ones, appeared from 1984
during the Rollei Fototechnic era. The point is that in 1984 the
largest and main Mamiya distributor and partner in Japan, Osawa,
filled for bankrupcy, it affected Mamiya very much and it was
restructured to become a photographic company dedicated to MF
equipment mainly, the 35mm cameras and lenses manufacture were
eliminated and then the question is "Who did make the new HFT
Rolleinar/Mamiya lenses from 1984?" , Mamiya had advanced projects to
introduce new 35mm cameras and some new lenses when the Osawa
bankruptcy aborted them, it could explain new HFT Rolleinar/Mamiya
lenses made for Rollei from 1984, but it does not explain who made
them. I guessed that at least some batches could be made by Rollei
Fototechnic because I read somewhere Mamiya licensed them to Rollei
and since Rollei was making Zeiss lenses under license for the TLR and
6000 cameras system they could also make the Mamiya lenses, but facts
are I never saw one of them made in Germany up to now, I have seen
some HFT Rolleinar/Mamiyas samples in eBay Germany, but they were made
in Japan. Perhaps Mamiya having contracts with Rollei asked other
Japanese lenses manufacturer to take charge of the 35mm Mamiya lenses
manufacture for Rollei.