[rollei_list] Re: ADMIN: Clipping Messages

  • From: Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:07:13 -0700

Peter K wrote:

No Don, I do not have a trackball. I use the 4-button mouse made by Microsoft so all the software is standard. I learned long ago that when it comes to mice, stick with MS when using Windows.

Peter K

This device is indeed made by Microsoft. It is a track ball with 4-buttons and a scroll wheel. I did say that is a Microsoft product in my original post, perhaps you missed it.

I just don't use the Microsoft-supplied enhancement software that comes with it.

What I like about the track ball approach is that it takes up so little real-estate on my keyboard drawer, and I can continue moving in one direction as far as I want without running off a mouse pad and having to re-position the device. The scroll wheel can be set to scroll the screen any desired number of lines and of course, just as with a mouse system, the track ball sensitivity is also adjustable.

I think everyone agrees that trying to draw or manage areas, say in Photoshop, is almost impossible with a track ball, barely tolerable with a mouse, but really easy with a tablet.

Don Williams
La Jolla, CA