[rollei_list] Re: A proposition for Peter and Carlos

  • From: Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 14:49:45 -0400

Easy.  Turn it upside down and look.

Allen Zak

On Jun 15, 2006, at 1:01 AM, todd belcher wrote:

Uhhhh ... how does one determine the sex of the cameras?

todd

On 14-Jun-06, at 6:39 PM, Jerry Friedman wrote:

Gentlemen:

There is only one way to settle this for sure. I propose that we cross a Rollei
T with a Rollei GX. By carefully observing the offspring, we should be able to
determine the extent to which Rollei F genes play a role. Not being a
geneticist, I leave the mathematic ratios to those who know these things.
But,if no Rollei F characteristics are obvious in the first generation, we can
always cross members of the first generation with each other. Again, i will
leave the ratios to those that understand these things. I should think,
however, that even a single first or second generation Rollei T with a Rollei F
winding mechanism should prove fairly conclusive. Of course, if no subsequent
Rollei offspring demonstrate a Rollei F auto film mechanism, that would be
proff too, no?

My one suggestion would be to cross an early gray Rollei T rather than a later
one. But there is one problem I can not think through on my own; for the
Rollei F.....should we use a 2.8 or a 3.5? It occurs to me that we might try
cross breeding both with a Rollei T (3.5) just to see if there is a variation.

There is one more concern--which may be nothing at all. Do you know of a good,
accurate and reliable Rollei Breeding Station whose results we can all trust?

Isn't anyone going to offer to help me clean out my downspouts??

Regards, Jerry F.

Regards, Jerry F.
--- Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes Peter, as I wrote in my first post on this issue,
you integrate those Rollei users, enthusisast and
collectors group that believe that the GX/FX is a
modified T; and yes, I say that you are not right till
you or someone else could give a convincing technical
explanation about why the GX/FX camera is more close
to the T than to the F. I have written some of the
technical and historical reasons the FX is more close
to F than to T model. If you or someone else have
solid technical reasons to support your opinion I'll
hear them, of course.

All the best
Carlos
 --- "Peter K." <peterk727@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:

Hi Douglas,

The T was something of a stripped down Rollei F that
basically targeted the
same market as the earlier Rolleicord. The T was
named for Theodore Uhl, a
choice of names that allegedly got him fired when
management at Rollei found
out he named the camera after himself.
I have a Rollei T and it is among my favorites. What
it lacks is 220
capability and multiple exposure. But 220 and
Multi-exposure were more for
pros, and this camera was designed for the amateur
and advanced amateur
market. The T came with a Zeiss Tessar or Schneider
Xenar F3.5 taking lens.
It was lighter that the standard Rollei F and had
the ability to use a 6 x
4.5cm adapter (an adapter the more expensive models
could not use). Like the
F it could use the Rolleikin for 35mm film, and had
a removable hood, so you
could use a prism in place of the Waist Level
Finder.
As someone already pointed out, the F TLRs of the
60s and 70s were different
bodies than the T. The newer FX and GX bodies are
based on the T as the
tooling for the previous Fs was not available.
Personally, it is my opinion
that this was smarter idea since it was less costly
to use a T chassis. Rest
assured someone will disagree with me here and tell
me I am wrong even
though I state this is just an opinion.  ;-)

Peter K

On 6/13/06, Douglas Nygren <dnygr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a Rollei and have not paid much attention
to bodies, etc. It
performs well.

What is a T body? An F body? The GX, FX are recent
vintage cameras,
right?

Doug

Correo Yahoo!