[rollei_list] Re: 2.8C shutter speed

  • From: "Richard Sintchak" <rich815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:47:52 -0700

Well, as I mentioned Paul Ebel describes it as "best practice".  Certainly
it seems one can change the shutter after it's cocked and I did for a while
on my TLR.  Then one day my shutter locked right up on me and needed full
repair.  Was that the reason?  Hard to tell.  But I certainly feel more
"strain" as I try to change the shutter speed if the shutter is cocked vs
when it's not.  I imagine one could get away with it for years.....and then
one day.....

I still do it sometimes but try not to now.

Richard S.

On 10/5/06, Allen Zak <azak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hm. Well, in that case I have been sinning against shutters for more than 50 years. Perhaps it will catch up to me one day, but meanwhile it has been a good run. ;-)

Allen Zak