[rollei_list] Re: 2.8 80mm Opton-Tessar

At 03:06 PM 11/16/2006, siufai@xxxxxx wrote:
>> This is fascinating stuff.  Again, I need more
>> numbers from Ikoflex III and Rolleiflex 2.8
>> cameras, in both cases with body and lens
>> details.
>
>Marc, I think I have given you the serials already but if not then
>here it goes:
>CZJ 8cm f2,8 2310969
>Heidoscop-Anastigmat 818543
>Bodynumber: 1101942

Ah! Thanks! This is a very early 2.8 and the lens is from the first batch of Rolleiflex 2.8/8cm Tessars completed on 3 JAN 1939.

Now, we still don't know whether this lens was stored at Jena for a decade and then coated and sent to F&H, or whether it was sent to Braunschweig, stored there, and then returned to Jena for coating before being sent back to F&H, but I would suspect the first.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!