[rollei_list] Re: 2.8 80mm Opton-Tessar

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:55:25 -0500

At 07:37 PM 11/15/2006, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:
>Marc, I only answered one of the issues in your
>original post, you wrote that you couldn't find an
>explanation about the prewar Tessar 2.8 that Zeiss
>sold to Rollei and I answered the explanation could be
>the projected Rollei cameras with the lens that
>couldn't be manufactured due to the war and I quoted a
>prototype from 1934 and other from 1939 as examples,
>my position about if they were recomputed or
>redesigned or they weren't recomputed o redesigned is
>that I have no position about it.
>
>You can agree or disagree with Prochnow, however his
>career in Rollei was like cameras design engineer from
>March 1958 to 1994, and his first contract was
>approved by Reinhold Heidecke after a personal
>interview, Prochnow has  several registered D.B.P
>patents for his invents and designs like camers
>designer.-

Good for Prochnow but that has nothing to do with the issue at hand. I stand by what I have previously suggested and would ask that you respond to that. I have tried to deal with your messages honestly, and would ask for the same courtesy in return.

Why would F&H order 5,000 lenses which didn't meet their needs? I doubt that this was the case. My suggestion -- that F&H found the 1936 tweaking of the 1931 design for Zeiss Ikon acceptable -- makes sense. F&H was a company and had to make a profit, something they neglected in the later 1960's to their dismay.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!