[rollei_list] Re: 2.8 80mm Opton-Tessar

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 00:37:54 +0000 (GMT)

Marc, I only answered one of the issues in your
original post, you wrote that you couldn't find an
explanation about the prewar Tessar 2.8 that Zeiss
sold to Rollei and I answered the explanation could be
the projected Rollei cameras with the lens that
couldn't be manufactured due to the war and I quoted a
prototype from 1934 and other from 1939 as examples,
my position about if they were recomputed or
redesigned or they weren't recomputed o redesigned is
that I have no position about it.

You can agree or disagree with Prochnow, however his
career in Rollei was like cameras design engineer from
March 1958 to 1994, and his first contract was
approved by Reinhold Heidecke after a personal
interview, Prochnow has  several registered D.B.P
patents for his invents and designs like camers
designer.-

All the best
Carlos

  --- Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>