[rollei_list] Re: 135 vs. 135

  • From: CarlosMFreaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 07:44:49 -0300

Photodo is a site dedicated to test lenses, the "old Photodo" site
has tests on film cameras lenses only, you can agree or disagree with
the results, but they use the same tests and criteria for every lens:
The best  tested Rollei lens is the Xenotar Schneider 2.8/80 for the
6000 cameras (TLR lenses are not included ;-), it got grade 4.1  from
0 to 5.

The best tested Leica M lens is the Elmarit M 90/2.8, it got grade 4.5
from 0 to 5.
Now you need to consider that both lenses were tested as a whole and
that the Xenotar is used for the 6x6 format and that the quality image
for the Xenotar is exceptional for this format, comparable to the 35mm
Leica lens and having the possibilty to enlarge the image several
times larger than the Leica image keeping the print quality. But if
you take the best part of the Xenotar lens to use it for the 35mm
format, I can assure that the image quality will be at least as good
as the Leica one if not even better.
http://old.photodo.com/prod/lens/detail/RoSchneiderXenotar80-721.shtml
http://old.photodo.com/prod/lens/detail/LeElmarit-M90_28-245.shtml

and we are talking about one of the best Leica lenses, if we consider
other 35mm lenses the better performance for a normal MF Rollei lens
used for 35mm like with the Rolleikin is clear, the difference will be
very clear really using the lenses wide open or close to wide open.-