[rollei_list] Re: 127 EFKE film in a Grey Baby

At 21:14 Uhr +0000 8.7.2007, SandyF. wrote:
>I have run dozens of rolls of EFKE 100 film through my Grey Baby, with
>absolutely NO problems?  I hesitatingly suggest that you check the
>innards of the camera and see if something is sticking out were it
>shouldn't, or if the case (somehow) got pushed in.

I have, and as mentioned, the metal spindle runs perfectly free. Prochnow's
Rollei Technical Report drawings appear to confirm that there are really no
adjustable parts involved.

The annoying background of this little tale is, that the guy who sold the
Rolleiflex 4x4 claimed he himself had taken photos with it. The camera's
scratched and de-adjusted mirror, as well as the chipped matte screen he
claimed to know nothing about, indicated this was far from the truth.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Hauke.Fath/Rolleiflex4x4/

It is well in line with the above, that the films he shipped with it won't
actually fit. Ah, ebay... I should have passed on the offer for Jan
Böttcher.  ;)

>If that's not the case, have you tried a fine file to take a minuscule
>amount off the ends of the reels?

I could try that. But the woman that is supposed to have the Grey Baby as a
gift probably won't...

At 17:48 Uhr +0200 9.7.2007, siufai@xxxxxx wrote:
>> The story in short: Efke R100 127 film rolls appear to be too wide for the
>> Rolleiflex by about a millimetre.
>
>I have also noticed the difference and we using one metal spindles.
>The last time I tried using two plastic spindles the film tranport was
>extremely stiff and eventually the brass part broke off.

The experience sounds familiar. Even when I pull the paper so hard that it
threatens to rip, the film spindle will not move.

I've noticed that macodirect.de sells off what 127 BW and colour film Maco
still has on store for about half the former price, and have ordered a
pack. Maybe the spindles are a better fit (keeps his fingers crossed).

        hauke