[rodeogulchbroadband] Re: [off topic] Propane supplier feedback?

Ask to speak to the owner re reducing fees. Propane on my last 2 bills was $2.99. My first year of tank rental was free. Then when I started getting charged regular prices for price rental I told them I was going to switch. Then they offered me the $1/tank rental as long as I stayed with them! I had to remind their office of that this year, but it is being honored.
If the owner (I think his name is Robert or Rob, I can't remember) thinks you will be good business, he is willing to give lots of breaks, or at least he was when I started with them several years ago.
Marianna

On Sep 15, 2011, at 10:46 AM, Bart Teeuwisse wrote:

I just called Mountain Propane and they quoted the following: $75 installation fee (to cover pressure check, light pilot lights, etc), tank rental is $75/year + tax and propane is $3.09/gallon.

Bart Teeuwisse // =bartt // (831) 480-5106
twitter: bartt // linkedin: bartt

On 9/15/11 10:32 AM, Marianna Mejia wrote:
This was returned for some reason, so I am trying again.

It sounds like mountain propane (Felton) is competitive. By talking to them, I got my 3 tanks (500, 325 and 250 gal) for $1/tank/year. To get my business, they emptied the old propane from Coast's ancient tanks and did the plumbing to set up their brand new tanks for no charge.
I like the idea of maybe forming a neighborhood association and getting our propane cheaper. We have to factor in the tank rental too.

Company           Website                           Telephone    ??    Tank Rent   1st fill $/Gallon

Mountain Propane
http://www.mountainpropaneservice.com/ (831) 335-9193 $1.00     $2.99
Pacific Propane   http://www.pacificpropane.com/    (831) 633-5020    $90.00    $3.19       $3.19
Suburban Propane  http://www.suburbanpropane.com/   (831) 438-2004    $75.00    $2.49       $2.99
AmeriGas          http://amerigas.com/              (831) 438-3400    $49.00    $2.69       $3.73
Dassel's          http://www.dassels.com/           (831) 426-4624    $70.00    $2.85       $2.98
Coast Gas         http://www.coastgas.com/          (831) 724-3200    $55.00                $3.27

Marianne Mejia 1009

On Sep 14, 2011, at 6:02 PM, Bart Teeuwisse wrote:

Frank I like that idea, though according to http://Www.southskyline.org/spug.html the current price difference is $0.48 with Suburban's price. When I called Suburban they mentioned that $2.99/gallon would be the maximum price for a year.

If there is interest a user group would be worthwhile.

--
Bart Teeuwisse // (831) 480-5106
twitter: bartt // linkedin: bartt

On Sep 14, 2011, at 16:57, Frank Mara <frank_mara@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We should start a homeowners propane association like Skyline Propane Users Group. They pay about $1/ gal less than the rest of us... Rodeo gulch propane homeowners group.

Check out their cost charged by the major propane cos. and compare to your cost. It takes the mystery out of this commodity business.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 14, 2011, at 4:40 PM, Bart Teeuwisse <bart.teeuwisse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Neighbors,

we're in the process of selecting a new propane supplier for our home. I've called our local suppliers and asked about their prices for new customers:

Company           Website                           Telephone         Tank Rent 1st fill $/Gallon
Pacific Propane   http://www.pacificpropane.com/    (831) 633-5020    $90.00    $3.19    $3.19
Suburban Propane  http://www.suburbanpropane.com/   (831) 438-2004    $75.00    $2.49    $2.99
AmeriGas          http://amerigas.com/              (831) 438-3400    $49.00    $2.69    $3.73
Dassel's          http://www.dassels.com/           (831) 426-4624    $70.00    $2.85    $2.98
Coast Gas         http://www.coastgas.com/          (831) 724-3200    $55.00             $3.27

Suburban and Dassel's stand out for their low prices. Before I make the swith I'd like to hear your feedback on your supplier. Anyone here using either Suburban or Dassel's? Are you happy with them? Your feedback will help shape our decision.

Thanks,

--
Bart Teeuwisse // =bartt // (831) 480-5106
twitter: bartt // linkedin: bartt

Flamenco Romántico
Marianna and Federico Mejia
1009 Hidden Valley Road, Soquel, CA 95073
(831) 477-2825

Flamenco Dance classes with live music
Wednesdays & Thursdays 6:30-8 PM & Saturdays 11 AM – 12:30
$60/4 week consecutive session or $20/class drop-in
On-going multi-level classes. Start anytime.
(831) 477-2825

<Mail Attachment.jpeg>

Young Living Essential Oils
Unique solutions for a healthy lifestyle
Marianna Gabriel Mejia, MA, MFT
Independent Distributor #24499
http://flamencoromantico.younglivingworld.com/
Sponsor #24499