[rodeogulchbroadband] Re: What is Covad

 Is Ethernet a service provided like Hughes Net?

-----Original Message-----
From: andy robinson <andy95066@xxxxxxxxx>
To: rodeogulchbroadband <rodeogulchbroadband@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Sep 27, 2011 9:08 am
Subject: [rodeogulchbroadband] Re: What is Covad

FYI I recently got Ethernet after another neighbor's recommendation - my
connection is extremely fast and reliable.
It is radio transmission from Loma Prieta - so it requires visual connection to
Loma Prieta - which I don't have - but my neighbor does so we put the receiver
on his house and a repeater to mine.  I believe that one receiver can service
about a dozen sites -
I am the first house on Ponza - and the receiver is on the house above me so
anyone with a view of this house (even thru some trees) can be added to our
group without slowing us down.  I am sure that there are other similar
situations in the valley that could set up a similar receiver.
Feel free to call or email if any of you have any questions about this.
Andy 479 5410

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 7:05 AM,  <ludoggie@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 Wait a minute, I have never heard of Covad. Is this something only government
employees get?  I always thought Hughes net, Surf Net  and Blue Shy were our
only options ...$25 a month the others are $50 to $90 for low speed internet.
Thanks
Bill

--

Andrew Robinson