[rodeogulchbroadband] Re: Last Night's Sheriff's Meeting

Thank you Bart.
I wish I could have been there in person to meet everybody. I know that Freddie really enjoyed being there. And thanks to Jim Starr for bringing Freddie.
Marianna Mejia

On Nov 4, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Bart Teeuwisse wrote:

Gulchers,

I've uploaded sergeant Fish's presentation to http://www.slideshare.net/bartt/sergeant-stefan-fishs-personal-safety-presentation. You can view it online or, if you prefer you can download it to your computer from there.

Sergeant Fish is also set up to post to this mailing list. To spare him a barrage of our messages, posts by others to this list are NOT delivered to sergeant Fish. At least Stefan has an easy way to reach many of us with a single email address.

Bart Teeuwisse // =bartt // (831) 480-5106
twitter: bartt // linkedin: bartt

On 11/4/11 9:34 AM, Pete Haworth wrote:
Had a good turnout last night to hear Sergeant Fish's presentation on crime in our area, thanks to Claudia for hosting the meeting, it was good to put some faces to names!

Rather than try to write a summary of the meeting, we have asked Sergeant Fish to send us his presentation and Bart will make it available to view online rather than send it as an attachment to everyone on the list (Thanks Bart).  There is a lot of great information in the presentation and it will be well worth viewing when it's available.

It's pretty clear that the sheriff's office is severely understaffed and doesn't have the resources to provide the services we'd all like such as regular patrolling in our area.  We can all do our part by being aware of any suspicious activity in our neighborhoods and reporting it, even if no actual crime is happening.  The number to call is

471-1121 (that's the substation on 17th Ave),

If you lose that number and want to report something, call 911 and tell the dispatcher that it's a non-emergency situation (or not if it really is an emergency).  Apparently, it's the same dispatcher for both numbers.

We are now on Sergeant Fish's list of Neighborhood watch groups and he will soon be able to send messages to this list.  As part of that status, he asked us to appoint a watch captain to be his point of contact.  I volunteered to be that person for 6 months.  I'm not 100% clear on the responsibilities involved but I will talk to Sergeant Fish about it and let everyone know.  Meantime, I suggest using the number above to report any suspicious activity.

Pete

Flamenco Romántico
Marianna and Federico Mejia
1009 Hidden Valley Road, Soquel, CA 95073
(831) 477-2825

Flamenco Dance classes with live music
Wednesdays & Thursdays 6:30-8 PM & Saturdays 11 AM – 12:30
$60/4 week consecutive session or $20/class drop-in
On-going multi-level classes. Start anytime.
(831) 477-2825

Young Living Essential Oils
Unique solutions for a healthy lifestyle
Marianna Gabriel Mejia, MA, MFT
Independent Distributor #24499
http://flamencoromantico.younglivingworld.com/
Sponsor #24499