[rockdev] Welcome

  • From: Dillfrog "Support (Tyler)" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rockdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Aug 2002 01:03:03 -0500

Hi guys. I'm a tired panda so I'll try to keep this short.

The main purpose of this list is to handle administrative issues and
decide where R2 is going.

I don't intend to extend the game much, if at all. Please, no requests
for new areas, npcs, spells, etc, unless you can sufficiently justify
why they are necessary (not just "cool") for the game. I seriously don't
have as much time as I used to, and R2 is up for the benefit of those
who wish to play the game **as they used to know it**. Ideally I'll be
moving on to finish Salp Wars.

You'll find that I'll bring up issues every once in a while, and
everyone on the list should feel free to reply to them. A few (but
probably not the only) guidelines to follow are:

1) Proofread what you send before you send it -- don't end up saying the
wrong thing, or saying it poorly.

2) Take the time to properly quote a message in your reply. We don't
want emails containing 20KB of quotes, and only 4 lines of a reply. Just
quote what matters.

3) When replying to a thread, try reading pre-existing threaded replies
first, so that you can make a more educated reply.

4) Don't send sensitive information here. You should never have to send
your password to anyone except support@xxxxxxxxxxxx (and even then, not
too often).

5) No name-calling. If you can't act semi-professionally, you are not
welcome here.

Since I'm a bit out of it, this is probably not the greatest-sounding
welcome mail, but hopefully it'll be enough to precede the first topic.

Thanks for subscribing and showing that you care about the game. Though
in truth I'm probably going to act as dictator, I want to make sure that
as much educated input is put into issues as is feasible.

Tyler

--
Tyler Goen
Admin, Voluntary Support