[roc-chat] Re: Switch Warning - Schurter 110-220

  • From: David Erbas-White <derbas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 13:40:27 -0800

On 1/20/2017 1:13 PM, Alexander Jones wrote:

Here's a thought... Make a 'spade lug' shaped piece of plastic out of a the side of a plastic bottle or blister pack, then slip it under the screw head and tighten the screw (lightly) to keep it in place during storage. Then remove it before flight and tighten the screw...

The upside to this is it gives you more places to attach 'remove before flight tags... <G>

David Erbas-White

Ah, I see, I thought it was the tip of the screw that made the contact, not the head. Yeah, Vern's idea of crimping the end after installation would work, or if you can't get at the tip without installing a substantially longer screw, just distort the threads a little bit before you put it in....lay the threads against an anvil and just tap them with a hammer.