[roc-chat] Re: Stability of a rocket with strap-on boosters

  • From: Richard Dierking <redierking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:58:45 +0000

I entered the info into Rocksim 9 for my Delta X rocket that had 4 strap-ons.
However, I wasn't able to eject the strap-ons during the simulation.
Evidently, there's a trick I don't know for how to do this.  Anyway, the mass
of the engines in the strap-ons seemed to bring the CG back more than the CP.
I added additional weight to the Delta X to bring the CG forward and I don't
want to add a bunch of extra weight to the Delta II.
 Richard > Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Stability of a rocket with strap-on boosters