[roc-chat] Re: Launch today?

  • From: Richard Dierking <redierking@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:27:25 +0000

That's OK and sometimes the monthly launches go until 4 or 5 in the afternoon.
It just depends on the weather (including heat or cold).  Some of the Board
members (mostly Rick Dickinson recently) and helpers get up before dawn to
deliver the trailer, set-up, and run registration.  If it's blazing hot it
makes for a very long day for them.  Hopefully, they know how much they are
appreciated. I'm glad to hear that you had a great camping experience.  Friday
night was excellent as well. RichardFrom: ericwil76@xxxxxxxx
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Re: Launch today?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 13:11:35 -0700

Thanks Richard,

Yah I guess I am just a dork and did not know the launches only went from
2-4 I assumed they were always all day Saturday. I don’t come all the time and
guess every time I have been it has been Roctober, Rocstock or LDRS two days. I
drove all the way so what the hell I camped, it did turn beautiful with no wind
and an amazing moon and perfect overnight temps. Dang I missed the glider lol.
Well I will be back now that I know the hours.

Regards,

Eric Williams

From: ericwil76@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [roc-chat] Launch today?
Date: Sat, 13
Aug 2011 16:24:08 -0700
To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just one big
question I am at the lake bed was the launch
cancelled?

Eric