[roc-chat] Re: Launch site.

  • From: Gregory Lyzenga <lyzenga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 23:20:19 -0700

On May 8, 2012, at 10:52 PM, Ken Curran wrote:

> In a recent message from Greg, he mentioned relocating the launch site.
> Anyone care to expand on that?  Also our permit is only good until September?

First question:   In order to put all our pads on BLM land, the range will be
moved about 1000 feet south of its traditional location.  Thanks to some good
scouting work by Richard Dierking, this should involve minimal inconvenience to
arriving vehicles, but we'll have to "train" folks to drive in and set up camp
in a new pattern.

Second question:  Our first permit was good through the 2012 fiscal year, i.e.
through September.  But the latest word from Allen is that our follow-on
permits have now been approved and we are good to go until 2017, as long as we
remember to pay the bills and file the reports.  Yee haw!  Let's fly some
rockets!

                    - Greg

Gregory A. Lyzenga  <lyzenga@xxxxxxx>           ***     (909) 621-8378
Dept. of Physics, Harvey Mudd College           *** cell(626) 808-5314
Claremont, CA 91711-5990                        *** fax (909) 621-8887
<http://tinyurl.com/LyzengaPhysics>