[roc-chat] Re: Fin Jig for Large Daimeter Airframes - 5.5 inch diameter or larger

--- On Tue, 12/20/11, Lesnick, Mike <mikel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone have thought and advice on use of fin jigs (to hold fins
> straight while under construction) for larger airframes (over 5inches
> in diameter)?

Straight as in radially (out away from the body) or as in axially (in the same
direction as the body)?

I'm guessing the former as unless you're planning on minimum diameter, you're
probably using through-the-wall mounting for the fins, so the fin slots in the
body tube will align the fins axially.  In that case (radially), I like Wedge's
idea of using a plumb bob to align the fin, with the fin being aligned with the
plumb bob line and the line passes through the center of the motor mount tube.

Mike