[roc-chat] Re: Dual Deployment advice

  • From: "Lesnick, Mike" <mikel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:18:36 -0400

For ground testing, do not lay it on a wooden chair with the fins
resting against the arm of the wooden chair!  I did that and the force
of the ejection charge not only separated the rocket, it also blew the
arm off of the chair (the fins pushing backwards tore the arm off).

After repairing the4 chair before my wife got home, I simply laid the
rocket on the ground.

Also, do NOT put anything inside the altimeter bay that is loose.  I
thought I would put a weight inside the altimeter bay to simulate the
weight of the altimeter and the sled.  Since that was loose, it was free
to move around and the force of the ejection charge caused it to rip all
of the wiring and switches in the altimeter bay apart. Another valuable
learning experience.

At lease I didn't have kids hold it while I fired the charge.

Mike

Michael Lesnick
Axiom Healthcare Group
18135 Santa Lauretta Cir