[roc-chat] Re: 18mm and 24mm E, F, and G motors

  • From: "Ron McGough" <rrmagoo7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <roc-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 11:33:47 -0700

Brian,
Just to let you know that modeling clay isn't the best way to weight your nose
cone. In the heat of the day it can become soft and runny and then loose it's
cohesion to the inside of the nose cone. It then slams down too the base of the
cone changing your CG and compromising the ability for a stable flight. Don't
ask how I know this. I recommend epoxy and lead shot or even BB's if you can't
get a hold of lead shot.

Ron McGough