[riscos-printing] Re: Thin line of dots on paper

In article <48479cc54e.Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Gary Jones <localnews@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi

> I downloaded and installed the latest version GutenPrint yesterday.
> All seems to be OK except that I always get a very fine line of
> dots at the end of each printed page.

> I've checked and cleaned the print heads and used the printer
> (Epson Stylus C84) with a PC. No problems there.

> Could this be related to the problem that Brian Ferris suffered?
> However, I don't get any error boxes on screen. The dots only
> appear on the printed page.

I am seeing something similar with my Epson R800, although it doesn't
happen with every print, not that I have done many yet, having just
bought it. I thought initially it was possibly slightly curled paper
causing the head to catch on the bottom of the print, but I don't
think it is.

Apart from that the quality is excellent - better than the Epson
C84/GimpPrint combination. Unfortunately my C84 had a terminal
failure last week on the day I sent off my cheque for the GutenPrint
upgrade, so I have no direct comparison.

Chris...

--
Chris Johnson