[riscos-printing] Re: Samsung problem with gutenprint

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:31:52 +0100

In message <a22feabb4e.john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          J Peachey <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been trying gutenprint out with a Samsung ML4600 (Mono Laser)
>
> I have run into a problem,
>
> Having installed Gutenprint - I can now print a single page. However
> if I try to print 2 pages, after the first has been sent to the
> printer  (The gutenprint window changes to printing 2 of 2) I get the
> following message
>
> Fatal signal received : Segmentation fault
>
> Stack Backtrace
> Running thread 0xd053c followed by more technical stuff. Which I can
> provide if needed.

Yes, that would be useful.

> Any ideas what is happening. Is it USB related or a problem with my
> setup? - I'm edging towards a h/w problem, as a fault in the
> gutenprint should I would have thought resulted in no output at all.

It is well possible that it is a problem in Gutenprint. I must admit I
have not really tested it with multi-page documents so far.

In any case, the first thing to do is to switch output to a file on
disc to exclude all the uncertainties related to hardware. That will
tell you whether generating the data goes wrong or whether the problem
was with sending the data to the printer.

Martin