[riscos-printing] Re: Problem Printing via Gutenprint

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 22:08:58 +0100

In message <e387705d52.c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
          ChrisF <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have the opposite problem: too much ink.

> I'm using an Epson SX610FW.
> I have several Gutenprint icons on the icon bar of my Iyonix and those
> which I have constructed to use with other than premium glossy inkjet
> paper work well. However printing onto premium glossy inkjet paper
> with the matching GPSetups take forever and  each results in a muddy
> print and a seriously depleted set of cartridges.

> Does this 'ring a bell' with anyone?

Two things:

1) What is the difference between the other setups and the one you use
for premium glossy inkjet paper? I presume it is just the media type
setting? If so, I do not think this should make any difference
regarding the time it takes to print. Which of the many media types
have you chosen, and does it make any difference if you switch to a
similar one? You might want to confirm your findings by going to one
of the other setups and just changing the media type. Does that result
in the same problems?

2) In case of doubt you can always reduce the amount of ink that is
put on the paper by reducing the Density from its default of 1.0.
However, that should not normally be necessary since the media type
controls the amount of ink that is put on the paper.

Martin