[riscos-printing] Re: Problem Printing via Gutenprint

  • From: ChrisF <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 20:42:21 GMT

In message <mpro.lyyb3f008ato202yk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists
<jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> My initial guess would be a lack of ink in the printer...

I have the opposite problem: too much ink.

I'm using an Epson SX610FW.
I have several Gutenprint icons on the icon bar of my Iyonix and those
which I have constructed to use with other than premium glossy inkjet
paper work well. However printing onto premium glossy inkjet paper
with the matching GPSetups take forever and  each results in a muddy
print and a seriously depleted set of cartridges.

Does this 'ring a bell' with anyone?

(Printer Manager 1.72, !GPSetup 2.40)

--
BW Chris F. [Supporting British RISC OS computers.]

"In the pub, everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes." Andre
Conflict Void.