[riscos-printing] Re: Problem Printing via Gutenprint

On 5 Feb, Ian Hamilton wrote in message
    <525cab2872Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> The animal head was GimpPrint, for GutenPrint it should be the 'G'.

Ah, OK.  I'd guess that it's always been a 'G' since the printer was
installed, then.  I wasn't sure if it was some kind of error display, but it
seems not.

> There's not much to go on.

Indeed.  I suspect that further questions and/or a visit will be in order.

Since it looks as if Gutenprint isn't showing an error on the iconbar as
first suspected, further questions on this list are probably off-topic.

[snip]

> If she's running !PrintSpool, with the printer on and that printer
> selected, look at the Status display on the main window. Does it state
> 'Online'? If it does the connection to the printer is working. If not,
> what does it say? (Other possible displays are 'Offline', 'Paper Error' or
> 'No printer').

I did use PrintSpool on the machine initially, but can't remember if I left
it installed.  I'll try and follow those ideas up, though.

Thanks for the help!

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England             Wakefield Acorn & RISC OS Show
                                             Saturday 28 April 2012