[riscos-printing] Need a Printer

  • From: David W Mills <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:48:58 GMT

Thanks to every one who has replied.

Re lasers....I have had complete disasters using a laser printer to  print
photgraphic work on a laser printer. Yes: I did use special paper....Ryman's
own( both glossy and matt) whuichthey took back in exchange for a more
expensive alternative. This they also had to take back (which they did
willingly)...luckily several passes of ordinary paper removed the coating
that had transferred to the drum. The printer supplier had said that papaer
for photographic use on laser printers would be perfect. They will ahve had
to revise their advice.

So colour lasers for photography...no no!

So it seems I contact various suppliers with the gutenprint list in my hand
and proceed from there.... first stop CJE re the driver.

I won't even talk about scanners....yet!

Thanks again folks

David