[riscos-printing] Re: Need a Printer

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: riscos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:38:46 +0100

Dear David,

If you really need superb photo quality, then there's no alternative for
inkjet printers, I'm afraid.

However, if you can do with quite good photo quality, I'd recommend a Xerox
Phaser solid ink printer. It prints absolutely stunning on plain paper, is
very fast, has duplex facilities, a network card, can perfectly be driven
by normal RISCOS postscript drivers, while the running costs are really low
(I've printed some 3,000 pages with it, both BW and colour, and I estimate
the average costs at £0,10 or less per A4).

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers